2427 Hilgard Berkeley Apartment
saving an apartment unit built in 1903
This apartment unit was built in 1903 with beautiful and timely finishes showing an era of construction not seen today in modern construction. However, due to the fact they did not use rebar in the retaining walls around the driveway, we had to remove the entire rear of the parking lot that has 8 foot retaining walls. Install new concrete walls and a driveway. Form up the edges and re-pour the walls. Install a new fence around the property.
- Breaking out the existing walls
- Hauling away all concrete and generated waste
- Cutting back the hillside install rebar and forms
- Cutting in a large footing
- Installing new concrete driveway all the way out to the street